Thursday 29 November 2012

SPOTLIGHT THURSDAYS!!!


This was the first non Aphogee product that I bought for my hair when I started my HHJ, and I’ve consistently bought bottle after bottle of it since. It's small....It's in a purple bottle........It's a leave-in conditioner!!! IT'S.......AUSSIE HAIR INSURANCE!!! *fireworks, marching band, etc.* Ahem, well let's begin. 

Ingredients:

Water, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice (Australian aloe), Silk extract, Panax ginseng root extract, Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium  chloride, Tridecth-12, Polyquarternium-11, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, PPG-2 methyl ether, DMDM hydantoin, Frgrance, Disodium edta, Polysorbate 80, Aminomethyl propanol, Citric acid


Directions:

Spritz onto clean, damp hair and work throughout. Don’t rinse. Do get chic in a snap (Haha Aussie! I love products with a sense of humor.)


First Five Overview:

**This is a new section where I just go over the first five ingredients listed in the product, and give a brief idea of what each one does for your hair.

Ingredient
Purpose
Water
Moisturizing
Aloe Juice
Rich in minerals and vitamins. Moisturizes hair/soothes scalp
Silk Extract
Brings shine to hair
Panax Ginseng Root Extract
Strengthens the hair
Amodimethicone
Protects against heat damage/protective barrier over cuticle




MY OPINION


This product comes in a spritz bottle, and is in liquid form. When sprayed on the skin, it tend to leave a slightly sticky feeling; however, that is not felt on the hair. I always get product all over myself though, so that is a bit annoying for me. For smell, I’d have to say it smells slightly sweet, but not overpoweringly so. It does give me something nice to sniff throughout the day. In terms of application, my hair is extremely porous, so it takes up moisture rather quickly and this product is no different. I usually only use about 7 spritzes of the product for my entire head and then work it through with my fingers. In about 10-20 seconds it’s absorbed, and my hair feels SUPER SOFT! I honestly sometimes feel like whipping my hair and carding my fingers through it while staring alluringly into the camera like those women in the commercials….but then I crash back down to reality and settle for a simple hair toss and call it a day. Lol. It tends to keep my hair feeling nice throughout the day and I usually just do the formality of applying it at night because I’m a creature of habit.  The only claim that this product makes is that it will protect “not-so-healthy hair…” and in my opinion, that’s exactly what it does. The one complaint that I have (and this really has nothing to do with the product itself) is that it is near impossible to find when I need it the most. My Kmart (the only real store we have for this sort of stuff) is always out of stock, so I’m left high and dry (literally!) a lot of the times. Kmart people, get on that.

Anyways, I really love this product and it is one of my staples now and I think forever! It definitely gets the Reese seal of approval! Total score: 5 out of 5 stars


HAPPY HAIR DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment