Thursday 3 January 2013

New Year, New Challenge



So, for the New Year I thought I'd do something exciting to get my hair journey started on the right foot. I stumbled across a hair challenge posted by Eboni on Longing for Length called the Protective Styling Challenge, and I just had to get in on it. After all, one of my goals for this year is to thicken up my hair while making it to BSL, so I feel this challenge will be perfect for me. Also, since I'll have to do continuous checkups with her blog, I know it will help to keep me on track and give me the push that I might not otherwise have. This will be the first time that I'm doing anything like this for such a long period of time (the Challenge runs from January 7 to April 15th) so it's a little daunting for me, but I'm confident that I'll be able to get through it. Part of the challenge will include me doing monthly updates, which I’m guessing will have to include pictures, so I’m a little happy for that. Before I begin the challenge, I’m going to flat iron my hair for an official length check, and after that, I only have ONE heat pass until the challenge ends…gasp! Like I said, I know it’s going to be really difficult, but 2013 is the year for stepping up, taking risks, and going where hair has never gone before!!! *ahem* But hopefully, this entire process yields some great results because Lord knows….things are going to get very hairy. Pun intended. I’ll be submitting my official entry on Sunday the 6th, and from there on in, I’ll be in the game. Wish me blessings!!


Happy Hair Days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment