Wednesday 28 November 2012

RELAXING TIME!!!!


Back View
Sorry for the delay in posts, first of all, but it’s about that time for University finals and I’ve been S to the WAMPED!! But, I’m back, and I’ll be trying to get back into the groove of posting. As you could probably tell (or not, curse you crappy camera!) from my previous post, I recently relaxed my hair! *cue fanfare and parade* Now, I know…I said I wouldn’t be doing it until December, but all that new growth meant for some serious tangling which led to breakage. No bueno. So, I swallowed my pride, and took the plunge. Remember, there’s no shame in ending a stretch early. LISTEN TO YOUR HAIR!!!Things went from semi manageable to plain out crazy very quickly for me, so I had about 3 days to prepare for my relaxer. Countdown!

T-minus 3 days to relaxer: Protein Treatment using Aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructor and an egg

T-minus 2 days to relaxer: Detangle CAREFULLY using a wide tooth comb and a whole lot of patience.    
      
T-minus 1 day to relaxer: Base scalp with Vaseline and coat previously relaxed ends with a mixture of EVOO and coconut oil

RELAXER DAY

Front View

On the day of the relaxer itself, I coated my ends with oil again (sorry, I’m a little paranoid) before I started with the process. After cracking open my new Sprush, I recruited my mom to apply the chemical relaxer to my hair. I used the Organic Root Stimulator No-Lye Relaxer System and left it on my hair for about 10 minutes. I parted my hair into four sections, so it was a lot easier to move through the hair, and I made sure to do my nape and edges last since those are my most sensitive areas. Note: I did not wait for the “working burn” but rather, I stuck to the time limit instructed on the sheet. I rinsed my hair or the relaxer and applied the Motions Neutralizing Shampoo once before coming back in with Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor to bring back some protein to my hair. After 2 minutes, I rinsed that out and proceeded to neutralize about 3 more times (once again….I’m paranoid).I chose to let my hair air dry for about 20 minutes, and then proceeded to roller set my hair after applying my Aussie Hair insurance leave in and sealing with my oil. This process left my hair feeling soft and bouncy, and I absolutely couldn't resist doing a bit of swinging lol. Overall, I’m very content with the results of this process and I can definitely see some length added and the thickness of my hair seemed to improve as well. Nothing feels better than seeing your hard work pay off!


5 months difference















Happy Hair Days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment