Thursday 8 November 2012

SPOTLIGHT THURSDAYS



So, in order to get myself posting regularly, I came up with several themes for various days of the week and one of them happens to be……SPOTLIGHT THURSDAYS!!! These posts will basically be features of various hair products or tools that I use and find beneficial. Or that I didn’t. It will just be my honest opinion on the product and how it worked on MY hair. Keep in mind that just because something may not have worked for one person doesn’t mean you’ll have the same experience. None of these products will be sponsored (all are bought with my own money. However, in the event that I am given a product to review, I will inform you and I will maintain my policy of total honesty. After all, I’m all about trying to help you guys out, and lying wouldn’t benefit either of us. Before I get caught up in rambling, let’s go to the feature product for this week: Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioning repair cream.

Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream

Ingredients:
Water, Canola oil, Cetearyl alcohol, Stearalkonium chloride, Glycerin, Dicetydimonium chloride, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Alo Barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, Actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, Chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, Urtica dioica (nettle) extract, Salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, Achillea millefolium (yarrow) extract, Fragrance (parfum), Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Dimethicone PEG-8 meadowfoamate, Hydrolyzed wheat protein, Pentaerythrityl tetracaprylate/tetracaprate, Silk amino acids, Panthenol, DMDM hydantoin, Dimethicone, Disodium edta, Polyquaternium-4, Polyquaternium-32 & mineral oil & PPG-1 tricedeth-6, hydrolyzed wheat protein PG-propyl silanetriol, Hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycans & Sodium hyalronate, Propylene glycol, Citric acid, Sodium chloride

Directions:
Apply to towel dried hair. Work a generous amount of product into hair beginning at the roots and working towards the ends. Comb through for even distribution. Do not rinse. Apply more to longer hair at the ends or problem areas.

MY OPINION

Firstly, let’s start with the consistency. The product is basically like a thick cream, but very smooth to the touch. When doing the finger test, it does slide down; however, not quickly. The smell is divine. I can’t tell you exactly what it smells like, but it’s not overpowering at all. Applying it to my hair is a hit or miss at times. Some days, it goes on evenly and is absorbed into my hair wonderfully; other times, it seems to sit on my hair for a bit and takes a generous amount of “working in” before it becomes absorbed. This is a problem for me, especially when I want to put on a bit right before I leave the house, but end up spending an extra 5 minutes in the bathroom mirror pushing the product in. Loses some points for that there. Upon initial application, my hair feels baby soft and it’s very easy to manage, and that maintains throughout the day, until my second application at night. I’ll go through each of the claims now and let you guys know how it worked for me.

Claim 1: Stop and mend hair breakage. Well, it does keep my hair VERY moisturized, and since moisturized hair is less prone to breakage, I think I can give them a checkmark for this claim.

Claim 2: Repair split ends and reduce frizz. Now, there is absolutely NO product out there that can “repair” split ends. Once a hair is split, it is split. Case closed. Wheel bend, story end (a typical island saying lol).  So the first part of this claim is not even to be taken seriously. Now the second part I can attest to reducing frizz. When used on my new growth, it keeps that bad boy in check! No unsightly poofy, frizzy mess halfway through the day. Half a checkmark for this claim.

Claim 3: Protect hair from heat damage. I have never personally used this product as a heat protectant, so I wouldn’t know how effective this is. I always use my regular heat protectant.

Claim 4: Hydrate and moisturize with Shea butter and natural oils. Like I said in claim 1, this product leaves my hair extremely moisturized and soft, and keeps it that way for the greater part of the day. In terms of the Shea butter and other oils, going to the ingredient list, we can see Shea butter is the sixth ingredient (one short of making the Top Five) while other oils such olive oil and canola oil make an appearance as well. They get a checkmark here as well.

Overall, I really love this product! It’s definitely on its way to becoming a staple of mine, and I’d definitely recommend it to anyone. Total score: 4 out of 5 stars.

HAPPY HAIR DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment